This course covers the duties of those who are responsible for monitoring and detecting security incidents in information systems and networks, and for executing a proper response to such incidents. Depending on the size of the organization, this individual may act alone or may be a member of a computer security incident response team.
The course introduces strategies, frameworks, methodologies, and tools to manage cyber security risks, identify various types of common threats, design and operate secure computing and networking environments, assess and audit the organization’s security, collect and analyze cyber security intelligence, and handle incidents as they occur.
The course also covers closely related information assurance topics such as auditing and forensics to provide a sound basis for a comprehensive approach to security aimed toward those on the front lines of defence.
This 5 days course is intended for:
• Assess information security risk in computing and network environments.
• Analyze the cybersecurity threat landscape.
• Analyze reconnaissance threats to computing and network environments.
• Analyze attacks on computing and network environments.
• Analyze post-attack techniques on computing and network environments.
• Evaluate the organization’s security posture within a risk management framework.
• Collect cybersecurity intelligence.
• Analyze data collected from security and event logs.
• Perform active analysis on assets and networks.
• Respond to cybersecurity incidents.
• Investigate cybersecurity incidents.
The 5 days training are instructor-led training with access to remote training labs. Labs within a course can be accessed via the Logical Operations. (Located through a tile on the CHOICE learning platform, LogicalLABS allow students to learn in actual software applications through a remote lab environment.)
Note: Broadband Internet connection (recommended: network bandwidth of over 4Mbps)
This course is designed primarily for cybersecurity practitioners who perform job functions related to protecting information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation.
This course focuses on the knowledge, ability, and skills necessary to provide for the defense of those information systems in a cybersecurity context, including protection, detection, analysis, investigation, and response processes. In addition, the course ensures that all members of an IT team—from help desk staff to the Chief Information Officer—understand their roles in these security processes.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have the following requirements:
Module 1: Assessing Information Security Risk
• Identify the Importance of Risk Management
• Assess Risk
• Mitigate Risk
• Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
Module 2: Creating an Information Assurance Lifecycle Process
• Evaluate Information Assurance Lifecycle Models
• Align Information Security Operations to the Information Assurance Lifecycle
• Align Information Assurance and Compliance Regulations
Module 3: Analysing Threats to Computing and Network
• Identify Threat Analysis Models
• Assess the Impact of Reconnaissance Incidents
• Assess the Impact of Systems Hacking Attacks
• Assess the Impact of Malware
• Assess the Impact of Hijacking and Impersonation Attacks
• Assess the Impact of Denial of Service Incidents
• Assess the Impact of Threats to Mobile Infrastructure
• Assess the Impact of Threats to Cloud Infrastructures
Module 4: Designing Secure Computing and Network Environments
• Information Security Architecture Design Principles
• Design Access Control Mechanisms
• Design Cryptographic Security Controls
• Design Application Security
• Design Computing Systems Security
• Design Network Security
Module 5: Operating Secure Computing and Network Environments
• Implement Change Management in Security Operations
• Implement Monitoring in Security Operations
• Test and Evaluate Information Assurance Architectures
Module 6: Assessing the Security Posture Within a Risk Management Framework
• Deploy a Vulnerability Assessment and Management Platform
• Conduct Vulnerability Assessments
• Conduct Penetration Tests on Network Assets
• Analyse and Report Penetration Test Results
Module 7: Collecting Cybersecurity Intelligence Information
• Deploy a Security Intelligence Collection and Analysis Platform
• Collect Data from Security Intelligence Sources
• Establish Baselines and Make Sense of Collected Data
Module 8: Analyzing Cybersecurity Intelligence Information
• Analyze Security Intelligence to Address Incidents
• Incorporate Security Intelligence and Event Management
Module 9: Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents
• Deploy an Incident Handling and Response Architecture
• Perform Real-Time Incident Handling Tasks
• Prepare for Forensic Investigation
Module 10: Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
• Create a Forensics Investigation Plan
• Securely Collect Electronic Evidence
• Identify the Who, Why, and How of an Incident
• Follow Up on the Results of an Investigation
Module 11: Auditing Secure Computing and Network Environments
• Deploy a Systems and Processes Auditing Architecture
• Maintain a Deployable Audit Toolkit
• Perform Audits Geared Toward the Information Assurance Lifecycle
Eligible trainees can receive the CITREP+ course fee support of up to 70% or up to 90% for the CyberSec First Responder Course. For full information on CITREP+ eligibility, please visit go.gov.sg/tesacitrep
Balan is one of our star Trainer-Coach, an accomplished seasoned IT professional with over 19 years of experience in large global data center operations, IT strategy, technology services and more. Balan coaches many of our students with TechSkills in Cybersecurity as well as Microsoft Azure, bringing them to understand what skills is needed in the job market. As the trainer for the CFR, Balan testify to the importance of being the first responder for Cybersecurity incidences that is in the workplace and industry, as Digital Transformation progresses.
*Title field are required